Friday, August 10, 2007

My reaction to Hayseed Dixie: The first time I heard them, I thought they were hilarious. The second time, I noticed they were really a pretty good bluegrass band. The third time, I started to get a little tired of the whole thing. Nonetheless, check these videos out. Here's their website.

"Highway to Hell," promotional videoclip.

"Walk This Way," promotional videoclip.

"Ace of Spades," live on some British TV show.

"Holidays in the Sun," promotional videoclip. I like the way they did this one.

"You Shook Me All Night Long," the Hayseed Dixie version synched to the original AC/DC video.

"She Was Skinny When I Met Her," promo videoclip for a Hayseed Dixie original, which is really not very good at all. Unfunny and obvious. Stick to the cover versions, fellas.

"War Pigs," live. Either it's a good camera-phone recording or a bad semi-professional job.

"Fat Bottomed Girls," good camera-phone recording live in Lincoln. The one in England, not the one in Nebraska.

"Black Dog," live in Liverpool. OK camera-phone recording, decent sound, lousy visually.

There are a whole lot of bad camera-phone recordings of Hayseed Dixie shows in England, which you can check out on YouTube if you're a big fan.

No comments: